Event Submission Criteria
Celebrate Halton – it’s all in the title! An exciting year that aims to increase participation in high quality arts activity, helping more people benefit from the vital role culture can play in improving health and wellbeing, bringing people together, uniting communities, inspiring creativity and supporting learning.
The stimulating programme of activities will celebrate the borough’s past, present and future through everything from small community-led events to larger-scale spectaculars designed to fire the imagination, bring joy and underline what truly makes Halton a great place to live, work and visit.
To add your event to the programme on our website you will need to meet at least one of the core objectives of the Borough of Culture initiative outlined below.
- Children and Young People – Increase engagement with children and young people, enabling them to access, enjoy, develop skills and thrive through culture and creative engagement. Talent pathways should also be identified to ensure clear career routes into the cultural sector.
- Positive outcomes – Improving health and wellbeing through access to cultural activities. Utilising culture as a mechanism for education, social cohesion and shaping the future world of work.
- Communities – Increase participation, particularly from the ageing society. Minimising social isolation and maximising existing community resources, value for money and community engagement.
- Distinctiveness of place – Promote the creative and cultural offer to local people and visitors, creating a USP for the Liverpool City Region and each of the boroughs to encourage greater visitor numbers.
- Infrastructure – Leaving a legacy through better infrastructure for culture and creativity to celebrate successes and ensure the future sustainability of the sector.
Alignment with at least one of these strands will be a requirement for all applications.
Once you have submitted your event, it will go through an approval process with the Celebrate Halton team. Please upload information as far in advance as possible. Event listings may take up to 10 working days to approve.
- Events will only be considered by completing the form on the Celebrate Halton website. Requests can be submitted at any time but the activity must take place in 2021.
- Applicants must have the organisational ability to deliver the event past idea stage and make it sustainable.
- Once the event has been approved you will be notified of its approval and provided with the links to the branding and guidelines. The event will then be included on the events page of the BoC website.
- Applicants must be resident in Halton or working in Halton, and your event must be delivered within the borough.